I am having a problem getting 18.04.2 to install on my desktop which is an Asus M51AC.
I have 16.04 on it now, but it won’t process upgrades anymore and I thought it would be a good time to go to 18.04. Here is what I have done so far:
- I downloaded Ubuntu 18.04.2 and that worked fine.
- I put it on a USB drive with a couple different ways, but I know it works because one time I forgot to take it out of my Windows machine and it booted into it.
- I got into the BIOS and updated the UEFI so that it boots from the USB Stick first.
- It then immediately went into the boot mode, but the screen went black. Nothing I pressed helped.
- I then did the install on a DVD and the exact same thing happened.
Any help would be really appreciated! I am pulling my hair out about this…