Dual Booting Question

I’m on a roll now.

My present destop is about 8 years old. Windows 7 & it was refurbished, It’s served me well and still does…but it’s getting old. I’m seriously thinking of replacing it with a refurbished Lenovo M900 from Amazon. I kinda like refurbished…one man’s junk and so on.

My question here is…Would I be better off dual booting Linux with Windows 10? or just wiping Windows 10 completely? I am by no means a Microsoft fan, but would like input from others as to their opinion, or what they may have done.

Thanks

Hi BADDC0,

This is mostly depends on your use case. For me, I dumped good old Windows back at XP days, never to look back. This only applies to my home systems though, where I can choose what I run and how I run it. If you have software that only runs on Windows, you may need it anyhow - but in that case, you can also run it in a virtual machine, which saves you from the fuss of rebooting should you need to switch to another operating system. That is, if your hardware has the power to run a virtual machine on top of the original operating system.