Firefox and the Linux command line - LinuxConfig.org

Mozilla Firefox, by its very virtue of being a web browser, is a program with a GUI front end. But make no mistake, the program can be launched from the command line, and there are quite a few handy options we can specify with this command.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/firefox-and-the-linux-command-line

I’d like to hear how others test their FF/Chromium installation? I use the -test option from command line >>Browser -test or Firefox -test to see how my GPU is performing. You might be surprised at the number of errors that never make it to the syslogs.

To prevent FireFox from just adding tabs or having unexpected behavior. I created a profile and added the -P option to load the tabs in a separate profile. This keeps it in its own window as well. Try this
Create Profile2 then

xargs -a url.txt firefox -P “KGroup” -new-tab “$line”

I use the -search option but it opens a new window. Is it possible to make use the current window instead?

Being a NOOB I wanted to let you know that this is a very interesting article. I’m going to check out other articles. Thanks for the great information.

Do you know any way of enabling and/or disabling Firefox DRM from the command line? I’m trying to resolve a bootup error booting lmde (Linux Mint Debian Edition) that says something like DRM…timed out… flip_done (sorry I thought I had a picture of it that’s all I remember) and want to see if disabling DRM before shutdowns or restarts will resolve it,