How to customize menus?

Hi, is there an easy way to customize menus in doudoulinux?

Basically, I have set up an installed copy for my 3 year old.
The computer is not connected to the internet (unless I am updating things with a USB WIFI Dongle).
Due to her age, I do not want to give her access to Whole Doudoulinux.
I do however want to give her easy access to Totem as I am adding some educational video files directly onto the hard drive.

Is there a way to add certain items (like a Totem shortcut) to “mini doudoulinux” or “kid doudoulinux” when it is selected from the main session menu?

As a side note: I have found that you can add an entire menu to the panel in the top right corner of the screen, but this kind of defeats the purpose of doudoulinux as then a “mini doudoulinux” user can run any program.

ok - I was able to figure out and muddle through getting the menus to work the way that I wanted.

Basically, to edit the menus for “mini doudoulinux”, I had to

1. Login to “mini doudoulinux”

2. Add the full menu to the top right panel (as I described in my original post)

3. Select the “File Manager” from the work section of the Full Menu

4. Navigate to and edit by hand the file:
    /home/5doudoulinux/.config/lxlauncher/launcher.menu
    (note: you will need to right click and select show hidden files and folders)
    (while I was in this directory, I also save a file as background.png to use as a wallpaper)

5. After I was done, I saved. Then I removed the full menu from the top right panel.

The hard part (Editing the file):
Unfortunately, this involved a lot of trial and error on my part as I had no idea what things were called or what Category they fell into. If there is a better way to do this, or some kind of documentation available here, please post.

I was able to figure it out looking at the files in:
/etc/xdg/menus
specifically lxlauncher-applications.menu

I also went to the following location to determine what the shortcut names were:
/usr/share/applications
Then I used gedit to open them and look at the text behind the shortcut.

If someone has an easier way to do any of this or some kind of manual, please share.

The other item that I needed to do is at a terminal run:
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly

This fixed an issue that I had with getting MP4 files to play in Totem.

Again, if anyone knows of any documentation or helpful hints with the menu system, please share.

Does anyone know how to change the font color of the Menu Items?
The light purplish color is hard to read on most backgrounds.

Also, does anyone know how to create a shortcut to add to the menus?
Basically, I want to create a Totem playlist, then put the playlist into the menus so that all my daughter has to do is click on it (instead of opening Totem and then searching for and opening the playlist)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how to change the font color of the Menu Items?
The light purplish color is hard to read on most backgrounds.

Also, does anyone know how to create a shortcut to add to the menus?
Basically, I want to create a Totem playlist, then put the playlist into the menus so that all my daughter has to do is click on it (instead of opening Totem and then searching for and opening the playlist)?

Any help would be appreciated.