How to disable middle mouse button click paste on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org

The objective of this article is to disable middle mouse button click paste on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux GNOME desktop
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-disable-middle-mouse-button-click-paste-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

I think this a nice utility. However it only seems to work with system applications like the terminal and Files. On applications I installed like VSCode and my web browser, the middle mouse button still pastes.

Found a solution to the VSCode issue on github, new user so cant post the link as a link …

github<>com/microsoft/vscode/issues/14610

“Please set “editor.selectionClipboard”: false in your user settings. This will make it so we don’t paste from the selection clipboard when you press the middle button and we don’t write to the selection clipboard when a selection is made in the editor.”

Am having the same issue in Chrome on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Gnome Tweaks is set to no middle button paste, but it’s not respected by Chrome.