How to Install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (WINE) on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org

In this tutorial we will be installing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application on Wine using snap software installation tool.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-wine-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

Unfortunately the installed acrobat reader doesn’t appear properly. A lot of text in menus and toolbars doesn’t appear at all. So it is not usable

Appearance looks fine for me. Using Ubuntu 20.04. But the app hangs for me when I try to sign. I’m able to fill in text boxes.

I tried the installation, but it failed at the end with this issue:
/snap/acrordrdc/62/sommelier/hooks/pre-install: line 57: cd: /home/fck/snap/acrordrdc/common/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat Reader DC/Reader/AcroCEF: No such file or directory.
The problem is AcroCEF. There is no such directory but there are :1) acrocef_1 and 2) acrocef_2. It did create a Acrobat ReaderDC.Ink but it obviously give a error message “No such Path”. Any advice?

Hi Fck,

Welcome to our forums.

I would suggest to try creating the missing path, including the subdirectories by hand, and re-run the installer. Just make sure the new directories have the same owner.