How to install Budgie desktop on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org

The objective is to install Budgie desktop as an alternative desktop environment on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Desktop/Server Linux.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-budgie-desktop-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

I followed the said steps to successfully install Budgie desktop using tasksel. For now I want to remove it.
I tried the following cmd :
sudo tasksel remove ubuntu-budgie-desktop
but it didn’t work and Budgie is still there. Any idea, what should be done?

Thanks

Hi D0aa,

Welcome to our forums.

Any error message provided by the tasksel command you executed? Please share it with us, it may give us some insight about your issue.

I tried following these directions. I get to the part sudo tasksel install ubuntu-budgie-desktop and i get an alert saying to find the location of the budgie installation on my computer. as if I need to point it to a usb disc with the install files on it.
here is the error message… Media change: please insert the disc labeled
‘Kubuntu 20.04 LTS Focal Fossa - Release amd64 (20200423)’

The files don’t automatically download.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Update> I entered the following command to remove looking for a CD Rom sources list.

“Just remove the cdrom entry from the sources.list file. This can be done easily:”
sudo sed -i ‘/cdrom/d’ /etc/apt/sources.list

Hi Mrsmith,

Welcome to our forums.

Do I get it right, removing the CD from the sources list solved your issue?

Yes @sandmann issue is fixed now.
thanks for the welcome. Liking linux a lot more than windows on my slower laptop. only wish it didn’t require so much tinkering. Grateful for sites like this that provide support.