How to Install Latest Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Linux with Wine - LinuxConfig.org

The objective is to install the latest version of Adobe Reader on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Linux desktop using Wine.

Wait until the setup is completed and click on Finish:

Start Adobe Acrobat Reader by searching your start menu or by clicking on the Acrobat Reader DC.desktop and confirm the Untrusted application launcher window by clicking on Trust and Launch icon:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-latest-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux-with-wine

Hi…
The information is very intuitive, and worked for me in Ubuntu 18.04 installation.
But when i am following the same in LUbuntu 18.04 i am not able to install the Adobe reader and the same is getting interrupted in between.
Can u please help me in the same matter.
Regards
Abhinav Aggarwal

Hello,

I have installed a fresh Lubuntu system and followed the guide and it all worked as expect. See the screenshot below:

What errors you are receiving? Could they be caused by internet connection, low disk space etc.?

Lubos

Dear Lubos,

I did everything as written in the instruction. Somehow, at the very end, I get the following message, which I don’t understand. I’m pretty new to Ubuntu and have to find my way through the system.

Thanks for help…

Best Regards

Logellvion

Hello Logellvion,

[Ubuntu 18.04] ERROR: ld.so: object ‘libgtk3-nocsd.so.0’ from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored

Have you tried to install libgtk3-nocsd0:i386 package to see if this resolves the issue.

$ sudo apt-get install libgtk3-nocsd0:i386

Hope this helps…

Lubos

Hi, could you please tell me how to uninstall this?

PROBLEM THE RESOLUCTION

Hi there,
Could you please help me solve the problem I’ve had during installation. I did everything according to the guide above, but I got this message.
Thanks.

Same as Ruslan above. It seems adobe is now doing some kind of check to keep wine installs out.

I think it’s complaining about the wine configuration… I got past this by creating a new win32 wine directory and following the directions as above:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winecfg
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winetricks mspatcha
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine AcroRdrDC1800920044_en_US.exe