How to install Skype on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Linux 64-bit - LinuxConfig.org

The following config will discuss an installation of Skype on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus 64-bit Linux.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-skype-on-ubuntu-16-04-xenial-xerus-linux-64-bit

Daimon Kaisar

Now you can download it from skype.com

William Zapata

I downloaded the file from the Skype website and everything without problem

Prashant Singh

Not able login .After entering username and password its processing for sometime ie its trying to connect but ultimately it says “Skype can’t connect”

Ali

Hi,
I installed and everything seems to be fine. However, when I try to sign in (and enter my username/password) the window just vanishes.
Thanks,
Ali

Thavaprakash -> Ali

I too have same problem. Please help me to fix.

Marina Anana -> Ali

i have the same problem. did you find any solution?

Pedro -> Marina Anana

I also have this problem. I am trying to fix it but it is being impossible by now.

cssudhirmmpp

Hi,

I downloaded skype sucessfully,but no able to login there,giving invalid credentials…

same credentials working on web skype but not here,please guide me out

Thanks,

Sudheer:)

Garden Warbler

Hello, I got as far as

# apt-get -f install 

then "malformed entry 55 in list file/etc/apt/sources.list(component) The list of sources could not be read. Can anyone help, please?

Lubos Rendek Mod -> Garden Warbler

Manually check your /etc/apt/sources.list file for any inconsistencies.

Ashwin

Hi, I am getting the following error while installing skype on my ubuntu 16.04.
Need help…

“Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.”

Sue Thomas

I installed Skype on Ubuntu 16.04 succesfully with :

sudo su
apt-get install skype
sudo apt-get autoremove

Bhagirathi Muduli

Hi,
I am using Ubuntu 16. I have two different users. One Admin and second one Standard user.
How to install skype for standard user?

Sacic

# apt-get -f install code dosnt work i looked through the comments and tried every combo they gave E.g Sudo su apt-get -f install , can someone tell me a code that actually works for Ubuntu 16.04, every other code works except that last one

Surjo -> Sacic

sudo apt-get -f install

~ika

it works! thanks a lot!

prudhvi

# apt-get -f install

this command is not getting executed. help me please

carlos -> prudhvi

you have to go super user

neftedollar1 -> prudhvi

use sudo apt-get -f install