How to install the NVIDIA drivers on Fedora 31 - LinuxConfig.org

The NVIDIA Driver is a program needed for your NVIDIA Graphics GPU to function with better performance. It communicates between your Linux operating system, in this case Fedora 31, and your hardware, the NVIDIA Graphics GPU. The NVIDIA drivers can be installed by using the bash command after stopping the GUI and disabling the nouveau driver by modifying the GRUB boot menu.

To install Nvidia driver on other Linux distributions, follow our Nvidia Linux Driver guide.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-nvidia-drivers-on-fedora-31

Hello,
I just try this tuto.
Following the last reboot i am stuck during the boot …
I can boot now only in init 3 mode …
Can I go back to the last config (remove the nvidia driver installed and enable the nouveau).
[I see this tuto](https:// www . if-not-true-then-false . com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/) <I added some space since I can’t give a link as new user> that do not proposes exactly the same way. Are you sure of your tuto ?
Or may be I do not choose the good driver …

What NVIDIA card model you are trying to install the driver for?

If you followed this guide you will be able to revert back / uninstall the nvidia driver with this commands:

# gedit=`grub2-editenv - list | grep kernelopts | sed 's/nouveau.modeset=0//'`
# grub2-editenv - set "$( echo $gedit )"

# bash NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-XXX.XX.run --uninstall

make sure to run restore X config as proposed:

# nvidia-xconfig --restore-original-backup

Reboot your system and you should be back to nouveau driver.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer / help.
I succeed to rool back by changing the grub and uninstaling the nvidia driver / restore the original config.
Concerning the NVIDIA card model. I confess that I am a little bit lost.
If I look for the Video Graphics Array informations in the PCI buses and devices in the system i observe 2 return:
$ lspci | grep -E “VGA|3D”
00:02:0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 360 (Mobile)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 GLM[quadro P2000 Mobile] (rev a1)
I don’t know a lot about the hardware part … There are 2 cards ? (the Intel integrated to the proc and a second one NVIDIA). Without special knowledge I think I made mistake by installing the NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.31.run …

Thanks for this post. I used it after updating Fedora 30 to 31. That update broke the previously installed nvidia driver. The steps here easily fixed it up.

Hello
Installed Nvidia Driver using RPMFusion all went fine
But now boot takes a long time
“And I have NVIDIA kernel module missing. Falling back to nouveau” message just before login screen

This is because your kernel does not match the Nvidia installation. Make sure to fully upgrade your system.

$ sudo dnf update

does not RPMFusion support GeForce 7xx?
This is my output using lspci command
/sbin/lspci | grep -e VGA 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce GTX 770] (rev a1)