I can't connect my vps using vnc sever

i had tried everything to connect my vps usin vnc server but i didn’t succeed i don’t know why
i fllowed thes stips but it didn’y work
update
upgrade
install kde enviromnent
install tightvncsever

and there is somthing else when i connect my vps with hostname using putty works but when i use vps ip i doesn’t work

please is there anything i can do ?

Hello,

Based on the information given it is not clear whether you have configured your VNC server correctly. The following troubleshooting steps could help to address the issue you have with your VNC server:

1. Check whether the VNC server is installed properly and most importantly check whether it is running. Execute the following command:
$ ps aux | grep vnc
The output should produce output similar to the one below:

linuxco+ 13459 0.0 0.8 58936 16808 pts/0 S 10:04 0:00 Xtightvnc :1 -desktop X -auth /home/linuxconfig/.Xauthority -geometry 1024x768 -depth 24 -rfbwait 120000 -rfbauth /home/linuxconfig/.vnc/passwd -rfbport 5901 -fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/,/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1/,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/ -co /etc/X11/rgb

2. In the first step you can see that the VNC server is bind to a port 5901. Depending on the number of sessions you created the port number may be different eg. 5902, 5902 and so on. Confirm that VNC server port 5901 is open by executing the following command:

$ ss -ltn

The output you should see will be similar to the one below:

LISTEN 0 5 0.0.0.0:5901 0.0.0.0:*

3. Next, confirm that the port 5901 is open on your firewall. However, this is not recommended approach as creating a plain unencrypted connection to VNC server over the Internet will leave you susceptible to attacks. Better approach is to either create SSH tunnel or create VPN connection to your server. Since you can alredy connect to your server via SSH, perhaps creating SSH tunnel will be the simplest.

Depending on operating system you use the following how to guides may be useful:

Hope this helps…

Lubos