Install ELK On Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Linux - LinuxConfig.org

If you're in a situation where you manage large amonts of data logs, the ELK stack is exactly what you're looking for. The ELK stack combines Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana into a simple, yet powerful, open source stack that lets you manage large amounts of logged data from a convenient graphical web interface. All three tools are developed by Elastic, so they work in tandem perfectly, and they're very easy to get set up on your Ubuntu system.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/install-elk-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

Carlos Lopez

It works, but I have a problem . My kibana instance is accessible directly from the port 5601 without password. And from the port 80 it ask me for password. How I block access from the port 5601 ?

Великий Линуксойд

No default index pattern. You must select or create one to continue.
Whot i must to do?

Taverna do URF

Thank you so much for this tutorial. In Systems Debian Like it’s very simple install ELK Stack

Håkan Franzén

Hi. Thanks for the guide.

You only have a small typo in the instructions:

Should be: sudo rm /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default

Lubos Rendek -> Håkan Franzén

Updated…!! thank you

Needed to add the following before installing java:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/java
sudo apt-get update

What ports are ElasticSearch available over? I tried connecting to 9200 / 9300 and can’t get a connection established. Is there a missing step here?