Install Lutris On Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Linux - LinuxConfig.org

In fact, the Lutris developers are so dedicated to Wine support, they actually took over maintanership of Wine Staging. Lutris does Wine really well. Most popular games have a one click installer that allows you to install a game through Wine just as easily as you would a native game. Not only that, the installers use the most optimal settings avaialable, so there's no need to fiddle with Winetricks or any of the usual Wine configuration utilities.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/install-lutris-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

Ritwik T. K Mukherjee

okay i did everything right even changed the v to 18.04 as mine ubuntu version but whenever i try to open lutris nothing happens and whenever i use terminal to open lutris this shows up -

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 29, in <module>
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, locale_name)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/locale.py", line 598, in setlocale
return _setlocale(category, locale)
locale.Error: unsupported locale setting

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 31, in <module>
sys.stderr.write("Unsupported locale %s. Try running with LC_ALL=C.\n" % locale_name)
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

Rob Kirk -> Ritwik T. K Mukherjee

Just go to the lutris webpage and ignore the steps in this guide and just copy and paste the commands from lutris they work 100 percent if you still cant install it then there is something wrong with you ubuntu install.

Can someone verify if the Lutris registration page is still up? I just tried it and the whole website was unavailable. Maybe it has just gone down recently?

Hi Aaron_Spehr,

Welcome to our forums.

Checked the Lutris site, it’s up and running. I may have been in maintenance when you tried it.