Making of FTP Server On Ubuntu Linux and the editing of FTP Config File

Did you follow instructions here on how to add users to your ftp services? If yes where did you get stuck?

lubos

Dear Sir,

I did adding users to userlist file in etc Directory whichever users added in the userlist file have been accessed and other users have been put restrication( permission denied). I mean to say is that whatever changes I made is working fine.

My Question is that

how to restrict to the FOLDER that Folder must be appeared When logged in on Sitting remote computer and Other Folders Should not be shown For Examples-- Desktop, documents, download, music, Pictures, Public, Templates and Videos…How to do That?

do help as early as possible with your kindness

[QUOTE=Basavaraj;2369]Dear Sir,

I did adding users to userlist file in etc Directory whichever users added in the userlist file have been accessed and other users have been put restrication( permission denied). I mean to say is that whatever changes I made is working fine.

My Question is that

how to restrict to the FOLDER that Folder must be appeared When logged in on Sitting remote computer and Other Folders Should not be shown For Examples-- Desktop, documents, download, music, Pictures, Public, Templates and Videos…How to do That?

do help as early as possible with your kindness[/QUOTE]

For example you have a user: /home/basavaraj .Why not just simply create an additional directory within /home/basavaraj/ to be
/home/basavaraj/ftp_login . When someone logs-in he will be able to only see /home/basavaraj/ftp_login and NOT
/home/basavaraj/

lubos

Dear Sir,

with politely Requesting you to help me about meaning of “/home/basavaraj .Why not just simply create an additional directory within /home/basavaraj/ to be
/home/basavaraj/ftp_login . When someone logs-in he will be able to only see /home/basavaraj/ftp_login and NOT”
/home/basavaraj/

I am writing words or sentences over here from bottom of my heart to you sir. I am here giving example one and we will continue with that Example…

In My Ubuntu Computer, I have Created 2 users–> USER1 AND USER2. These users have been put in FTP Userlist. This much I know…

Now I want to know that how to restrict these users to thier particular Folder How?

Hi Basavaraj,

Can user USER1 AND USER2 login to your FTP server? If yes, follow these instructions:

[ol]
[li]add a following directive to your vsftpd.conf configuration file: [/li]```
user_config_dir=/etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf

[li]create a directory to contain specific user config files: [/li]```
mkdir /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf

[li]now create a config file for USER1 called USER1 inside /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf . That is /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf/USER1 ( your real user name will be different ). [/li][li]edit /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd_user_conf/USER1 file and add a following content: [/li]

dirlist_enable=YES
download_enable=YES
local_root=/home/USER1
write_enable=YES

[/ol]

NOTES:
Edit local_root= with a full path to a directory you want your USER1 have access to. Repeat step 3 & 4 to create vsftpd directory access for USER2 … USERx.

Hope this helps

Lubos