New Monitor not recognized

July 6, 2024 Novice here, apologies.
Running lmt21. Needed newer monitor to run an app. Installed and functions well, but lmt21 does not recognize new monitor. As suggested on forum, installed latest Kernel and rebooted. No luck, still can’t run app.
All the best,
JPQ

Hi,

Can you please check the output of the following command:
$ xrandr
Please check if the monitor is not there. Paste the output here so we can troubleshoot further.

Also check logs and see if you cannot find anything suspicious. Please paste the output here:

$ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep EE

Lubos

We’re sorry, but your email message to
[“forum+60a20aa85ca01c775478eb468318eb9f@forum.linuxconfig.org”] (titled
Re: [Linux Forum] [General Linux Help] New Monitor not recognized)
didn’t work.

Reason:

Sorry, new users can’t put links in posts.

If you can correct the problem, please try again.

SPAM prevention feature. Sorry about that.

Dear Lubos,

No worries. Spent many fruitless hours trying to understand how the devil my LM21 OS does actually recognize my new Dell monitor; i.e., all of the files and folders etc. that were present and active on my old, smaller monitor are present and active on this new one, but the new monitor goes unrecognized in the Update Manager and who knows where else within Linux. This anomaly prevents me from utilizing the Trip Planner feature on the EV charging app, PlugShare. At long last, I have decided to say to hell with it and not waste any more time and squander any more of my aging eye sight trying to figure this insanity out, more’s the pity.

That said, I do appreciate your willingness to assist this old Luddite, regardless. Thanks!

All the best,

JPQ

Hello,

Can you please post the requested info as per my first post?

thank you