Raspberry Pi as Minecraft Server - Linux Tutorials - Learn Linux Configuration

A Raspberry Pi, especially the newer models, possesses all the necessary hardware power for running a dedicated Minecraft gaming server. While it is easy enough to host the game off your desktop computer while simultaneously playing, having a dedicated server allows you to host an uninterrupted Minecraft session that can stay up and running for longer periods of time. Rather than buying a robust rig to host your server, or paying a third party company to do the hosting for you, utilizing the Raspberry Pi becomes a cheap alternative. On top of that, you still have the ability to customize the server configuration to produce your ideal gaming environment.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/raspberry-pi-as-minecraft-server

I don’t know if this is already out of date, but I can’t get this to work. I don’t think the current minecraft server jar file out there works with the jre that is being installed here. Could I go back to an older version of the jar or something?