Rpm package rebuilding

Hi, guys, I want to install on my Fedora 29 x86_64 OpenXenManager and to do this I have to install gtk-vnc-python-0.9.0-2.fc29.x86_64.rpm, but I was unable to locate the package somewhere in the Internet. Instead of that, I have found gtk-vnc-python-0.7.0-3.el7.x86_64.rpm and repacked it for my fc29 distribution. But it is 0.7.0-3, and I need 0.9.0-2. Could someone please clarify me how to do this?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Oleg Turin,

Welcome to our forums.

The problem you describe seems permanent (for now), Fedora is dropping GTK2 support, and OpenXenManager isn’t ported to GTK3.
To have a working package under F29, the best way would be trough the developers of OpenXenManager (and I see you already asked them about the issue a while back on Sourceforge). There is an open ticket about this issue since Dec. 2018 on their github page. To solve this on your own is above rpm packaging, the source needs to be changed to run on F29 - you could always fork the project, or better yet, contribute to it, if you are into python programming.
That being said, you don’t actually need rpm to install programs, it just helps us with dependencies (and keeping the system clean). You can always try to run it from source. You can find out where files would be installed and what settings would be applied from the rpm package itself, and go trough the installation process by yourself.

Thank you for your answer. I will think about all these…