Ubuntu 20.04 Cinnamon Desktop installation - LinuxConfig.org

The objective of this tutorial is to install Cinnamon Desktop as an alternative desktop environment on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Desktop/Server Linux.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-20-04-cinnamon-desktop-installation

Great tutorial, fails right at step 1:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
cinnamon-desktop-environment : Depends: cinnamon-core (>= 4.5+really4.4.1) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: fonts-noto but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: blueman but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: gedit-plugins but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: gnome-games but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: gnome-sound-recorder but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: gnote but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: hexchat but it is not going to be installed or
                                        xchat but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: inkscape but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: mate-themes but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: simple-scan but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: sound-juicer but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: transmission-gtk but it is not going to be installed or
                                        deluge but it is not going to be installed
                            Recommends: vinagre but it is not going to be inst

Hi Php4fan,

Welcome to our forums.

The new major release’s repositories are changing frequently. Did you try clearing your cache to solve the issue?

Something like:

sudo apt clean
sudo apt-get update

In many cases these steps solve this problem.

hello I craeted 2 users one of them is normal user. When i start cinnamon after install, the sysadmin user auto logs in, I want the normal user autologin. For now I solved it by going back to gnome and change settings there. In c innamon user settings there is no autologin on/off option. or is there? thanks