How to ask for help
- Formulate your question clearly and to the point
- Include any relevant terminal output such as errors using pre-formated text
- State the version the Linux distribution version you are using
- What are you trying to achieve and what have you tried so far
How to reply
- When asked to provide additional information make sure to include it in your reply.
- Simply stating “I got an error”, or "It does not work" without any further information we cannot help and you will distance yourself from the solution.
- Make sure to include any error massages, terminal output or screenshots
#- requires given linux command to be executed with root privileges either directly as a root user or by use of
$- given linux command to be executed as a regular non-privileged user
LinuxConfig.org community forum aims to produce high-quality online resources for both GNU/Linux users and GNU/Linux professionals. We view ourselves as part of the GNU/Linux community and our mission is to provide help and troubleshooting advice on any topic related to the GNU/Linux operating system from our community of experts without any obligations.
We encourage knowledge sharing and are committed to be a part of a GNU/Linux administration learning process of any community member ranging from a total beginner to an advanced level GNU/Linux guru.