Begin Mining Ethereum On Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus Linux - LinuxConfig.org

Before you get started, install AMDGPU-PRO on Ubuntu.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/begin-mining-ethereum-on-ubuntu-16-04-xenial-xerus-linux

Muhd Hanis Harun

How should I set up Mist if i am using vps and putty to connect and run the command? Sorry I am new to this…

Muhd Hanis Harun

root@catch:~# sudo dpkg -i Ethereum-Wallet-linux64-0-9-0.deb
dpkg: error processing archive Ethereum-Wallet-linux64-0-9-0.deb (–install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
Ethereum-Wallet-linux64-0-9-0.deb

during the wallet installation…what is wrong?

Lubos Rendek Mod -> Muhd Hanis Harun

The error is self explanatory. No such file or directory. Make sure you enter a correct path to file Ethereum-Wallet-linux64-0-9-0.deb.

Muhd Hanis Harun -> Lubos Rendek

i think i solved it :slight_smile:

Muhd Hanis Harun -> Lubos Rendek

i think i missed this part:
"With the dependencies installed, you can grab the latest release of Mist from project’s Github page. You’re looking for the “Ethereum Wallet” package. "

How to actually grab the Ethereum wallet. Is it by downloading it through local computer and uploading it to the server? I am using vps

Steven De Bondt

I thought you said on linux, and then you start talking about Ubuntu? What the hell is this?

46blitz -> Steven De Bondt

I imagine you could use the same commands above on a Debian box.

Paulo Botelho -> Steven De Bondt

/facepalm ubuntu is linux

Steven De Bondt -> Paulo Botelho

Im sorry ubuntu is alot of things but not linux. A failed linux at most.

They actually admitted total faillure at the anouncement of stopping unity and mir.

Wait, where were you at that anouncement?

/facepalm

Paulo Botelho -> Steven De Bondt

Call it what you want but some people (like myself) actually liked Unity, and it is and will always be linux, i guess youre problably a arch linux nazi for sure

Steven De Bondt -> Paulo Botelho

You’re right;

at the moment I use redhat at work (centos+ subscripted rhel) and indeed arch, fedora and gento (just breaking stuff) at home. Heck, there are even some debian servers I have to take care of at work.

but I would never use ubuntu at home, and my work will never use ubuntu for its servers, not even for a boring webserver.

I love the transparancy and freedom of linux, and I think you -like many other people- will someday understand ubuntu is not part of that story at all.

– However,
if a public announcement like that doesn’t even get you wondering/doubting, then I think we still have a long way to go before that will happen…

stinkyjak -> Steven De Bondt

Does it use a Linux kernel?

/facepalm

Steven De Bondt -> stinkyjak

omg! So does my phone! Lets get X working!

saveka . -> Steven De Bondt

I couldnt keep my mouth shut after reading your nonsense !! I am a Slackware user since 1994 …Ubuntu is Linux ! Stfup kiddo!

MacAries

I heard genoil is faster miner and I know claymore is too but not free

Steven De Bondt52 -> saveka

You use slackware and you defend ubuntu? And you call me a kiddo?
You are all over the place.