Debian bootsplash

hi friends
i am so new to Debian, can you please tell me how to setup boot splash in Debian in details ??

thank you so much …

That depends on your hardware and your version of Debian.

thank you my friend
i did set up boot splash. but i have another problem that if user press “ESC” or “Home” key boot messages will apear. i dont want this, i dont want user see the messages at all. i mean is there any ways to not show the messages at all ???

thanks in further …

thank you my friend
i did set up boot splash. but i have another problem that if user press “ESC” or “Home” key boot messages will apear. i dont want this, i dont want user see the messages at all. i mean is there any ways to not show the messages at all ???

thanks in further …

What is the problem if the user sees the messages? Anyway dmesg is available after boot.

because of security issues :D.
how can i use dmesg ??

thank u …

What security issues? You can use dmesg by typing ‘dmesg | less’ or, even better, by using its manual page.

i don’t want user see what services are being started …
i did what u said but it seemed to be some information about my system not anything more …

Any user can see the services started with ps or top. dmesg shows boot messages, this is what you asked. I don’t think your security approach is very healthy, because if you don’t want users to know what services the machine runs, they shouldn’t have physical access to the machine anyway. Plus, once they have said physical access, they can take the machine down in more dangerous ways than seeing the services that start. If you really don’t want the services to show at boot, edit your init scripts.

thank u , i changed some of init.d scripts and the result was what i want. but i have another question , i should change the scripts one by one ? this takes a long time, is there a script which runs the other scripts ? so i can change that instead of changing one by one …

I don’t know of such script, but don’t be lazy: you will learn a lot :slight_smile:

thank you for your help raioanei. i will try not to be lazy :smiley:
i found rcS in /etc/init.d , and i add “>/dev/null 2>&1” at the end of line : exec /etc/init.d/rc S. most of messages hided but some of them still appear. like :
starting portmap daemon … Already running …
starting NFS common utilities: statd.
starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
and …

do u have any ideas about this ???

Take every init script for the services you are running and do the same.