How to install and integrate Dropbox with Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Desktop - LinuxConfig.org

The objective is to install and integrate Dropbox with Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Desktop. After successful installation of the Dropbox transition package launch Dropbox from activities menu:
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-and-integrate-dropbox-with-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-desktop

Ubuntu_Fan_4_Life

I want to note that in order for “sudo apt install nautilus-dropbox” to work on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 18.04.1 you must first enable “Canonical Partners” (not source code) under the “Other Software” tab in Software & Updates and allow it to update sources or do a “sudo apt update”.

Takahide Kohro

I have a working Dropbox program, but its icon is not displayed in the menu bar.
Do you know how to fix it?
I could not install Ubuntu 18.04 from a USB Live drive, so I upgraded from 16.04.
Thank you.

evil_programmer -> Takahide Kohro

I’ve done update like you, and additionaly changed gnome to budgie and had similar issue what helped me out is something like this

sudo apt remove dropbox
killall dropbox
sudo apt install nautilus-dropbox
and run dropbox from menu

hope that helps you too