How to install Discord on Linux - LinuxConfig.org

Lamar

I’m on Linux Mint 16… I think… So i try to download the ubuntu package and i get an error at the package installer that says: Error: Wrong architecture ‘amd64’. Can anyone help me out I’m starting to really hate linux since i can’t download anything…

Pedro Gagliardi -> Lamar

wrong architecture… Try uname -a to see linux distro, uname -m to see cpu architecture, if u have X86_64 cpu consider installing 64-bits linux mint

Pedro Gagliardi -> Lamar

So architecture refers to the type of processor you are using, or at least the version of ubuntu you have installed. Amd64 refers to the 64-bits version of the software. Your CPU’s architecture or your version of Linux Mint(beautiful distro btw) must be 32-bits. You can check this by typing the command “uname –a” . Run the command “uname -m” to see what architecture your cpu is, and if it says “X86_64” please consider reinstalling 64-bits version of Linux Mint. Also latest release of linux mint is 18.1, if 16.1 works fine, keep that version, otherwise check LinuxMint official website

Ghosttardis

I’m on Ubuntu, and every time I try the second command for Debian, it gives me an error.
dpkg: error processing archive /path/to/discord-canary-0.0.8.deb (–install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/path/to/discord-canary-0.0.8.deb

Please help…

Lubos Rendek Mod -> Ghosttardis

You need to replace /path/to/ part of the actual command with your path to the

discord-canary-0.0.8.deb package. If the package is within your current working directory simply execute:

$ sudo dpkg -i discord-canary-0.0.8.deb

Von -> Lubos Rendek

well, now it get segmentation fault, what do i do after this command (I have linux mint)

$ wget -O discord-canary.deb https://discordapp. com/api/download/canary?platform=linux

Tama McGlinn

Could you add Debian to this list? I’m on Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) x86_64 GNU/Linux, and I needed this additional command in order to resolve dependencies of discord-canary, prior to the dpkg -i discord.deb command:

sudo apt-get install indicator-application libappindicator1 libindicator7 libdbusmenu-gtk4 libdbusmenu-glib4 libappindicator3-1 libdbusmenu-glib4 libdbusmenu-gtk3-4 libindicator3-7

cjsnow1

After installing the .deb package and attempting to open Discord, it gives me a javascript error and then hangs at the splash screen ‘checking for updates.’ What should I do now?

Error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18’ not found (required by /home/cjsnow/.config/discordcanary/0.0.11/modules/discord_voice/libdiscord.so)

I will suggest you visit to get the entire guidance and solutions regarding the Linux configuration and hope it will help you a lot to get the compact ideas.