How To Install LAMP in Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) - LinuxConfig.org

The objective of this article is LAMP setup. Installing LAMP on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver includes the setup of Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP server, also known as LAMP stack.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-lamp-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux-apache-mysql-php

NOTE: SOME OF THE POSTS BELOW ARE TRANSFERRED FROM LINUXCONFIG DISQUS COMMENTS.

Александр

And what mysql root password is?
Just installed with no questions…

Geovani Bruno

Tasksel should be used with caution. If you simply run “$ sudo tasksel”, and leave only lamp-server checked (unchecking, for instance, ubuntu desktop), it will wipe out your Ubuntu installation.
Been there, done that with the recently launched Ubuntu bionic beaver (18.04)

illferris -> Geovani Bruno

I did that too once, and I was like, wtf is going on?? Why is everything all of a sudden, uninstalling? Okay wait, wtf just happened? Reboot? Hrm… Not working… Okay, yes, the system is hosed. How is this possible???

I have used both Ubuntu and Debian. I had a better experience with Debian though. Currently using Debian 9 on Cloudways PaaS for PHP MySQL hosting. Debian has great community and timely patches and updates. I never had any security issues with Debian either.

when you do mysql_secure_installation it asks for a password. It asks for the root password of your machine. If you dont have root acces, put sudo in front of it. But you probally already figuered that out. Soo just put in:

sudo mysql_secure_installation

And then you can set your database password.