How to install Python package installer PIP on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux - LinuxConfig.org

PIP is a package management system used for installing and managing software packages that were developed with Python. The objective of this tutorial is to show the reader how to install PIP on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa Linux.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-python-package-installer-pip-on-ubuntu-20-04-focal-fossa-linux

The instructions on this page do not work for me on a freshly installed Ubuntu 20.04 system. There is a warning on that page that says:

'Is the Universe repository enabled?
Before you proceed make sure that you have the Ubuntu Universe repository enabled as otherwise the below python-pip installation commands will throw the following error: E: Unable to locate package python-pip

I have followed those instructions to make sure that I have the Ubuntu Universe repository enabled, and even so, attempting to run the command ‘sudo apt install python-pip’ gives the error ‘E: Unable to locate package python-pip’.

This instructions on this web page for installing pip for Python 2 on Ubuntu 20.04 I have found do work. You may want to consider changing your documentation page so the instructions are more like this:

(because I am a new user, and thus am not allowed to put links in posts, I will ‘spell’ the link by replacing the colon character with the word COLON and slash with SLASH)

H T T P S COLON SLASH SLASH linuxize DOT com SLASH post SLASH how-to-install-pip-on-ubuntu-20.04