How to install Tor Browser in Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver Linux - LinuxConfig.org

The aim for Tor Browser is to protect your online privacy, hence from this reason make sure that your Tor downloaded has not been tempered with by properly verifying Tor Browser's signing signatures otherwise Tor Browser have an absolutely opposite effect for you.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-tor-browser-in-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

LadyAly

With the Manual Installation Method, is there a way to create a symbolic link for a Dash Menu Launcher or a Desktop Shortcut (even if the steps include something like Alacarte)? Or is this method only able to launch Tor from the terminal?

Would it be possible for you to provide the steps for doing so?

I sorry for such a noob request… But I am very new convert to Linux & Ubuntu from Windows!

./start-tor-browser.desktop --register-app

1 Like

Go, find Tor browser in start menu, then right-click on the icon and select add to favorites, the icon will be added to dock.

Excellent point! The article will be updated shortly to include your suggestion. Thank you

Lubos Rendek, P-E-R-F-E-C-T Article! Thank You so much!
I’ve been struggling with this and the verifying forever.
Your article solved 2 long standing issues (Self inflicted).
No more “askubuntu” dead ends.

Simply Amazing

Thank You, Thank You!

1 Like