How to stop/start and disable/enable Firewall on Redhat 7 Linux system - LinuxConfig.org

The firewall on Redhat 7 Linux system is enabled by default. Normally there should not be a need to disable firewall but it may be quite handy for testing purposes etc.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-stop-start-and-disable-enable-firewall-on-redhat-7-linux-system

bill

When I disabled the firewall, do I still need to do the remove commands? On RHEL7, after issuing the disable command it gave up 2 more lines saying it removed symlinks to those targets:

Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1.service.
Removed symlink /etc/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/firewalld.service.

So I’m thinking I don’t need to actually remove those .service files as they are effectively cut off from being accessed by the usual daemons :wink:

TheWindowsArchitect -> bill

Bill i think you are right… I am not a Linux Guru by any means but i noticed that the disable service command above seems to do the same thing as Uninstalling the Microsoft service in windows…

You just need to run the systemctl command and it will take care of the rest.

the ‘rm…’ commands are simply logged messages of systemctl disabling the service.
They are not part of the commands you need to run.