Introduction to the Doctrine ORM and data mapper pattern in php - LinuxConfig.org

In this tutorial we will see how to take our first steps with Doctrine, a data mapper pattern implementation that is part of the Symfony php framework, but can also be used on its own.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/introduction-to-the-doctrine-orm-and-data-mapper-pattern-in-php

gilles

Thanks, that great and simple.
Now, the most difficult is to retrieve all posts from the Author entity.
If i remember, you must add an ArrayCollection empty in the constructor and add getPosts(), setPosts(), AddPosts() and removePosts() to be efficients between Author and Posts Entities.
I don’t know if this can be added automatically by the command “doctrine orm:generate-entities” after the “OneToMany”.

Egidio Docile -> gilles

Yes, you are correct: using orm:generate-entities will also take care of generating the constructor, which will include the initialization of ArrayCollection objects. The methods you mentioned will also be automatically generated.

Petr Filippov

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\ORM\Mapping\MappingException: Class “entities\Author” is not a valid entity or mapped super class. in /var/www/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Mapping/MappingException.php:346

what im doing wrong?

P.S. EDIT:
Now everything is working

Thanks 4 that important tuto
I have problem generation getters and setters
When typing following in windows cmd

php vendor/bin/doctrine orm:generate-entities

i’m having that output

dir=$(cd "${0%[/\\]*}" > /dev/null; cd "../doctrine/orm/bin" && pwd)

if [ -d /proc/cygdrive ] && [[ $(which php) == $(readlink -n /proc/cygdrive)/* ]]; then
   # We are in Cgywin using Windows php, so the path must be translated
   dir=$(cygpath -m "$dir");
fi

"${dir}/doctrine" "$@"

I need help

Hi, thanks for great tutorial.

For anyone interested in Doctrine2, we have created ormcheatsheet (dot) com where we put all available Doctrine2 ORM keywords together with examples.

And for larger projects we have created Skipper - skipper18 (dot) com, it’s visual ORM editor which allows you to import/export any Doctrine project to visual representation and completely edit it in the Gui. After that, export changes back to model (XML/YML/Annotations are supproted).

Ludek

PS: I’m not able to insert url adress directly because I’m new user. Thanks for understanding.

When i use php vendor/bin/doctrine orm:generate-entities . .

Nothing happen. Not have getter and setter.

Please help me!

I have solved this problem.