Logon screen settings

I know this seems like a weird question, and the answer is probably something way too complicated to get done by my numbskull, but how do I ‘tweak’ my logon/login screen setting to NOT go ‘blank’ a couple of seconds after it comes up, but to instead stay on for say 15, 30, etc. minutes instead before going ‘blank’ (ie log-in screen saver mode?) or even not go blank at all?

Does this when going to logon/login screen after logging out user - the logon/login screen when you initially boot-up stays on for awhile (seems booting up delays the ‘screen blanking’), but if you login user then log out and go to it, it does this ~ there for like a few seconds then blank…

Using Ubuntu 18.04.3LTS 32-bit

FYI - I did manage to change the logon screen background successfully (after crashing the whole system TWICE and going into a panic before learning to use nano and not gedit at the grub’s recovery mode ROOT prompt…then resolving other nutty things I was doing wrong) :wink:

Have you tried to add the following in the /etc/default/grub:
consoleblank=0

for example as:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash consoleblank=0

Make sure to run:
$ sudo update-grub

Once you make the change.

My line looks like this:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash pci=nomsi
resume=UUID=cc68…(bunch of stuff)…8269” … where do I put the “consoleblank=0”?

You can put it between splash and resume= so you don’t need to search too far for it, when needed next time.

added it like this: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=“quiet splash consoleblank=0 pci=nomsi
resume=UUID=cc68…(bunch of stuff)…8269”, updated grub, rebooted - but didn’t help… still blanks logon screen after a few seconds :-\