Manjaro Linux Windows 10 dual boot - LinuxConfig.org

Wouldn't it be great to run Manjaro Linux on your system without having to give up Windows 10? Well, you can! As a matter of fact, you have two options for doing this. One option is to create a dual boot system, which gives you a prompt when your computer boots up, asking you which operating system you'd like to load into. The second option is to install Manjaro on a virtual machine.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://linuxconfig.org/manjaro-linux-windows-10-dual-boot

i haven’t finished reading the entire article, but noticed that the available space for both systems in your walkthrough is a 50 gb hard drive, and after shrinking you only recover 12 gb, where the minimum requirements (mentioned twice) for manjaro is 30 gb
so i’m already suspecting the accuracy of this article
and there’s a new distribution of manjaro where it is not dual boot friendly at all …
let me get back to where i left off …

i got a notice to set up an 8 mb unformatted partition with the bios_grub flag enabled
i did this, however, the dual boot menu isn’t being displayed

the only way to boot windows is to f9 at start screen, then choose ‘window’ boot
the only way to boot to manjaro is to f9 at start screen, then choose ‘hdd’ boot

btw, i am trying this on win 7 x 64 instead of win 10, which shouldn’t be a problem at all
why are you restricting this setup to win 10
should i try a previous stable version
finally, this install without a connection to the internet bc bad cat5 cable, which i will have to correct at a later date. is this going to create any issues