TimeShift latest version is not able to recognize snapshot created by itself

Hi All,
I used to used for several years TimeShift without any problem but now the app is not able to recognize the snapshot that created by itself, by the same app instance.
I am explaining the case below.

First I used the GUI to create a snapshot on my Ubuntu 22.04 op. system on an external storage. (on external WD MyPassport optical storage connected via USB cable)
Screenshot from 2023-07-21 23-47-11

Later I wanted to see the snapshot in the TimeShift GUI, but it cannot be seen, not visible.

Finally I used the command prompt version to realize what is the situation:

laci@Sanyika:~$ sudo timeshift --list-devices

/dev/sdd1 is mounted at: /run/timeshift/backup, options: rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro

Devices with Linux file systems:

Num Device Size Type Label

0 > /dev/sda2 81.9 GB ext4
1 > /dev/sda4 651.7 GB ext4
2 > /dev/sdb1 500.1 GB ext4
3 > /dev/sdd1 2.0 TB ext4 MyPassport
4 > /dev/nvme0n1p2 81.9 GB ext4
5 > /dev/nvme0n1p4 901.8 GB ext4

laci@Sanyika:~$ sudo timeshift --list

/dev/sdd1 is mounted at: /run/timeshift/backup, options: rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro

Device : /dev/sdd1
UUID : f3f315cc-89b3-4a8e-acf8-4ae9e3a686b4
Path : /run/timeshift/backup
Mode : RSYNC
First snapshot requires: 50 B

No snapshots found

This sentence is that I never wanted to see.

Please advise what is the situation, what is the source of the problem and how to overcame it? Thanks.

Hey there! It sounds like TimeShift isn’t seeing the snapshots on your external WD drive which is a bit of a headache. First off, try disconnecting and then reconnecting your external drive. Check where it’s mounted with mount | grep /dev/sdd and make sure it’s consistent, preferably not in /run/timeshift/backup as that’s often a temporary spot. You might need to give the filesystem a good ol’ check for errors with sudo fsck /dev/sdd1—sometimes little corruptions can mess things up. If the snapshots are physically there (ls -al /run/timeshift/backup/timeshift/snapshots should tell you), but TimeShift still plays dumb, force it to re-scan the snapshots with sudo timeshift --check --scripted. If all else fails, a fresh reinstall of TimeShift could do the trick (sudo apt-get remove timeshift --purge followed by sudo apt-get install timeshift). Good luck!